Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

South Lake Howard Nature Park

Hello,


Merry Christmas and a happy healthy New Years to all.



Each day hubby and I are in Florida we try to visit a new park for our walks. It is our way of exercising, they say walking is good for you. On Nov 3rd, we visited the South Lake Howard Nature Park in Winter Haven. They have a nice paved path and boardwalk for our walking pleasure. Of course while walking I am checking out the birds.

Before our walk we usually do our gym routine and try to see a sunrise. This shot is from our neighborhood clubhouse.


A pretty sky and boardwalk. I think a White Ibis is on the railing.


A Little Blue Heron

 A Great Blue Heron


I believe this is the Red Shouldered Hawk


A Roseate Spoonbill and an alligator in the water below. There are warning signs to warn people the gators can come out of the water, some times to lay in the warm sunshine.


A Roseate Spoonbill on the railing.


A Tricolored Heron on the railing.




The Roseate Spoonbill showing off it's pretty color and wings.


A skywatch over Lake Howard. This quote says exactly how I feel and some of the things I am thankful for. I am thankful for being able to spend this time in Florida and I am thankful for our good health at this time.

"I thank you God for this most amazing day, for the leaping greenly spirits of trees, and for the blue dream of sky, and for everything that is natural, which is infinite, which is yes." E. Cummings



I hope you enjoyed my post and photos. Thank you for your visit and comments on my post. Enjoy your day and the weekend ahead!

Thanks to Michelle for the meme Thankful Thursday
I am also linking up to Skywatch Friday, I hope to see you there.
Thank you to Sylvia, Yogi and Sandy for hosting Skywatch Friday.

Post a Comment

0 Comments