Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Adepticon-Tyranids #1

So I'm finally in the great white north (Minnesota) though it isn't very white yet and since I'm gonna be here for the next 2 months or so on work I've been settling in a little, finishing up a commission to mail back to Cali, and getting ready to start repainting my Nids so that they are tournament ready for this year (great army, but probably my worst currently painted tourney list).

 Now I won't be able to get a ton of practice in up here unless it's thru Vassal due to my work hours but I should at least be able to get my 4k-ish points of Nids fully painted for the rest of the year. And while I do that I thought I'd throw up my starting point for 1,850 for the Adepticon Championships. Here's where I'm starting from.

HQ

Parasite of Mortrex-160

Elite

2 Hive Guard-100

2 Hive Guard-100

5 Ygmarls-115

Troop

10 Termagants-50

10 Termagants-50

Tervigon-195
Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Spine Cluster, Catalyst

Tervigon-195
Adrenal Glands, Toxin Sacs, Spine Cluster, Catalyst

Fast Attack

20 Gargoyles-160
Toxin Sacs, Adrenal Glands

Heavy Support

Trygon-200

Trygon-200

2 Carnifex-320

So the odd point value hurt a little bit. I guess I'm to used to just 1,500 or 2k and finding the right balance at 1,850 again is going to be a little hard. The Carnifexes are my wrecking ball. They can take a fair amount of punishment but most importantly things like Nobz can't just eat my entire army because of the instant death these dudes throw out. Trygons are obviously faster and more survivable point for point and I might try adding a third one and then dropping the Ygmarls and using the extra points to get me a large Genestealer unit as these are pretty good at eating Nob squads as well assuming they have FnP for the non-pk nobz. The garg's and parasite are my pressure unit obviously. Thoughts?

Post a Comment

0 Comments