Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

This Week

It’s Friday again! The time just whooshes right by. Is that a legitimate word? I am tempted to look it up but I’ll just assume it is. Anyway... How has your week been? Do you have anything interesting to share? Tell me all about it in the comments below.



Yesterday was sunny and mild. Absolutely gorgeous! It felt like spring and I bounced around joyfully all day. That’s how happy it made me. And you know what else made me happy? Driving to Montreal in the morning and spending a few hours with my oldest and dearest friend. We have been like the sisters we never had since we were four. Almost 50 years of friendship later and we still have so much to talk about. It was lovely to see her. She is the one whose father-in-law suffered a minor heart attack on the weekend. He’s home now and doing much better. All’s well that ends well.

It was her birthday a few days ago and I messaged her this image on Facebook.


I also enjoyed the drive to and from Montreal, which was smooth sailing both ways. I actually enjoy driving on the highway. I plug in my GPS and I play music, sing along and enjoy the scenery while it guides me. So highway driving is good. Big city driving isn’t. Especially on city expressways or freeways or autoroutes or thruways...or whatever the heck you call them where you live. Montreal has some really intimidating ones, some of which you have .002 seconds to get on before an aggressive driver rams into you. And it’s survival of the fittest on roads in my hometown. You white-knuckle it the whole way through. Drivers there are rude and pushy and inconsiderate. If you signal your intention to change lanes, they speed up to block you. And occasionally a car jumps in front of you unexpectedly to keep you alert. Fun times! Not.



I’m not sure how much longer I’ll continue uploading what I draw. Friday’s posts may evolve to something else at some point, especially if I start doing outdoor photography again. We’ll see. But for now, here is me sharing some artwork.


My feeble attempt at Betty Rubble:



My "I don't really feel like drawing but I'll draw something quickly anyway":



My "I feel like drawing so I'll make a real effort":



I’ve been exercising regularly, and while I do, I play songs. This week’s theme has been disco music. Did you ever like it? Do some of you still enjoy some of these songs from time to time? Or is it just a few of us ‘mature folks’ that get nostalgic about this period of music? And the ones that are brave enough to admit it? On Wednesday I was working out to this tune (on a CD, no less):




And now...I will stop right here. And wish you all a wonderful weekend!

Post a Comment

0 Comments