Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Exploring the Collection - 1957 Topps

 1957 Topps is one of my favorite designs and, if I am ever a millionaire, I would put a set together.

Here are the candidates for my favorite card:

This is the earliest card in my small Spahn PC.  At some point I am going to start looking for Bowman cards of Warren.

Joe Adcock was a potent bat in the middle of the Braves order.

My Kaline collecting has been well-documented this past year and this is a nice start to it.

Another good start to a small PC.  A truly great player.  Considering he and Adcock and Aaron were in the lineup is there any wonder the Braves went to two consecutive World Series?

Until I got this card I hadn't realized that Tanner played for the Braves.  I just knew him as the manager of some terrible Braves teams in the 1980's.

I also have several other Braves cards from 1957 that did not make this list.

So who do you like from these five?

======================================

All of these cards are great but I love the Adcock the most.  He looks like he is about to hit the cover off of the ball.


Post a Comment

0 Comments