Header Ads Widget

Ticker

6/recent/ticker-posts

Jay Z Speaks on How His Cousin Made Him Leave the Street Life and Face Music

In his mid twenties, Jay Z and his cousins moved into a building in 560 State Street in Brooklyn, New York, and were leaving reckless...street life, cars, girls. At a point, his cousin got tired of that life, and advised Jay Z to leave the life and focus more on his music career. Good thing Jay listened to him. He became successful shortly after leaving the streets and gave the music his undivided attention.


Jay Z narrated this story recently, during his visit to his old building on 560 State Street in Brooklyn. Read his words on this below...

Image result for jay z in 560 state street"When I was leaving here, me and my cousin actually fell out. He was like, why are you in the street, messing around, something is going to happen to you. You are going to get locked up or killed. You fucking stupid. And I still had a bit of...you know, I wasn't as evolved as a person. I got this feeling, but I didn't trust em. You know, it was early, and I was feeling things and I was like, that ain't right. I always had good instincts. That ain't right, but you know, I still was...I was doing my thing. You know, new cars, and girls, and I didn't really wanna hear it at the time. 



And he was like, men, you fucking stupid men, you wasting your talent. I thought he was jealous at the time. I was like, men, you crazy? You see this Pathfinder? But I knew that something wasn't right about the things that I was doing. My conscious was alive. So, I just decided to let that street life go and just really focus on music. This is what i love to do. This is...If I had my choice to be successful...to be successful in the street or to be successful making music, it would be making music, so let me treat it like that and give it my...you know, my all. And when I did, you know it happened pretty much right away from there. When I dedicated a hundred percent. And It was like, Reasonable Doubt, Volume 1, Volume 2, and everything...it just never stopped from there." 


Post a Comment

0 Comments